The Pediatric Specialists Medical Group welcomes new patients. Choosing the right pediatrician for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make. By selecting the Pediatric Specialists, you can feel confident and comfortable that you have made the right decision.
To understand what to expect for your child's first visit to our practice, please read through this page.
Our practice is working together to build life-long relationships between our staff and our patients by consistently providing our patients with compassion, excellence and value. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Improving the lives of the children we serve by providing quality care in a child-centered environment.
- Listening to our young patients and their families who we are privileged to serve.
- Guiding our patients along a path of optimal health and wellness.
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing education.
What to bring to your first visit?
We work hard to ensure that your child receives prompt medical care in a comfortable, child-friendly office setting. A Parent or Guardian must be present at the first appointment. After the first appointment, if you wish to allow other caregivers to bring your child, you can complete the Authorization to Treat form available in the office. To help expedite the first appointment, we ask that you please complete the Online New Patient Packet and bring that with a copy of your child's Immunization Records, Patient's Insurance Card, and a Picture ID of the parent or guardian.
We are also happy to offer you the option to download, print and complete our office forms to reduce wait times during your first appointment.
New Patient Packet: Please complete all the forms in this section and bring them with you to your newborn/child's first appointment.
- New Patient Forms - includes Patient Information, Lead/TB Assessment, Financial Policy, & Medical Release
- Patient Consent for Use & Disclosure of PHI (Protected Health Information).
Medical History- choose per your child's age:
- New Patient Medical History (For Newborns up to 6 months of age)
- New Patient Medical History (For 6 months and older)
- HIPAA Notice - Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Patient Information Online Form - This form requires Microsoft Word and will allow you to type in information prior to printing it.
- Financial Policy
- Lead/TB Risk Assessment
- Medical Release - print, complete and mail to your previous provider for medical records to be forwarded.
- Patient Information
- Authorization for Treatment - (Optional) gives adult listed on form permission to bring my child in for treatment.
- For Treatment and Authorization to Treat a Minor - (Optional)allows a Minor 16-17 y/o to be treated without a Parent being present.
- Telemedicine Consent Form
- Vanderbilt Parent INITIAL
- Vanderbilt Parent FOLLOW UP
- Vanderbilt Teacher INITIAL
- Vanderbilt Teacher FOLLOW UP
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
We accept most major Insurance plans. Below is a list of some of these plans. Some Insurance has select select plans within their network that have limited provider panels. Be sure and check your plans provider listing for our physicians names to confirm coverage.
- ABC ANCHOR BENEFIT
- AETNA HEALTHCARE
- CIGNA HEALTHCARE (Do not accept Local or Local Plus)
- FIRST HEALTH
- HMA ADVANTA
- OSCAR HEALTHCARE
- OXFORD HEALTH PLANS
- PRIORITY HEALTHCARE
- SIMPLY HEALTHCARE
- TRICARE MILITARY (Do not accept Tricare Prime)
- UHC ALL SAVERS
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- See Full List of Accepted Insurances
What to Expect at Your First Visit
On the day of your child's first visit to our office, we recommend arriving a few minutes early. This allows extra time for finishing up any registration forms and ensures you have plenty of time to get acquainted with our staff and office. Be sure to bring your completed New Patient Paperwork, a Picture ID, and your Insurance Card. History of previous immunizations, medical records including medications and referrals to specialists are very helpful to maintaining continuity of care.
We look forward to meeting you and your child and providing the quality, comprehensive medical care you expect and deserve.